Thursday, June 12, 2008

I'm Leaving on a Jet Plane

Well readers, with any luck, my flight down south did take off from the Nanisivik Airport this morning and I am now on my way down to Iqaluit to catch my flight to Ottawa.

I've loved my time up North this year, it's been one crazy adventure! But I am also looking forward to my time down south to catch up with family, friends .... and to enjoy some much needed darkness at night again (it still boggles my mind that the sun is out 24/7 up here ... never in my wildest dreams did I ever think that I would be living in a place that has 24/7 darkness for 4 months and 24/7 light for 4 months!).

Stay tuned for updates during the next little while ... as I imagine I will have many stories to tell about my journey home (planes, cars and buses are in my future) ... along with nearly 3500 KM of traveling too!

Taima

No comments: